A number of working groups have been formed to research the following topics and extra volunteers are always needed on these projects:
- Chapel Hill cemetery – contact Judy Magub
- Research of the history of local schools – contact Judy Magub
- Commercial history of Kenmore – contact Sue Deal
- Boer War names, Kenmore War Memorial – contact the Committee
- World War 1 names, in partnership with the RSL – contact the Committee
- Research of the suburb of Fig Tree Pocket – contact Judy Magub
- Research of Street Names – contact Judy Magub
- Monthly article in The Local Bulletin – contact Judy Magub
- The McGrath family – Deann O’Donohue
- Racecourse, postal services and service stations – Jim and Barbara Shepherd
- Early homes in the area – Ian and Cathy Douglas
- Misty Morn area – Dr Sue Turner
If you wish to join the Society and commence a research project of your own interest, you will be most welcome to do so.
One volunteering need for the society is the cataloguing of donated archive material including paper-based material, maps and images. The first part of the task is entry in the Acquisitions Book and a small team of people will make the task much more manageable.
Oral histories are another priority, including making the recordings and transcribing the results.
Training is available for all volunteers.
For more information contact the Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org