Cairn commemorating Christian Worship
A Cairn was erected in 1952 to commemorate the site of the first Christian services in the Kenmore, those taking place before 1877.
The Cairn now stands on the banks of Moggill Creek, directly west of “Shed West” on Brookfield Road and adjacent to Kensington Circuit.
It was relocated to this site in 1997 from a place 700 metres to the south (bearing 220 degrees). That site would have been across the creek from Kenmore State High School and near the intersection of Kintyre and Tangy Streets.
Much of the history of the Kenmore District is connected with the many churches that established in the area.
The below photograph shows the “chapel” that gives “Chapel Hill” its name.