Guidelines for Receiving Material Donations
- Primary and Secondary materials will be sorted, collated, recorded and listed on KDHS lists, by the committee members responsible for the Primary and Secondary source materials. They may be assisted by other members.
- Primary and Secondary material may be stored with an identification page showing name & contact details of the donor, date, committee member receiving it, and any conditions of the donation.
- Photographs will be sorted, collated, recorded on KDHS lists, scanned and stored electronically on the KDHS lap top. The photos will be placed in the (Name of Donor) Collection. A Photo permission Form will be completed for each group of photos. Actual photos will be stored or returned to the donor. The committee member responsible for photographs will carry out this role and may use the assistance of other members.
- Consideration will be given to passing valuable or surplus material on to the City Council Archives, the State Library/Archives, National Library, the Kenmore Library or other history groups. KDHS may advise the donor and may retain a copy of the material.
- Significant new donations received will be recorded in the Committee Meeting minutes.
- Members will be made aware of significant new material received. Whenever possible, members who research will be alerted to any new material in their area of interest. Material donated to KDHS will be available for members to view and copy. A printer, photocopier and scanner is available at the RSL facility for members to use.
- Donors will be thanked for their contribution
Approved by the Management Committee 25 August 2018.